Snapchat can be a fun app to quickly share crazy photos with your friends. Due to the many nice options and smooth working method, Snapchat is and remains very popular despite some more recent setbacks for the app. Of course, not everyone can like Snapchat and you may even want to delete your account. You may be concerned about your privacy on Snapchat, disagree with a recent update, or just tired of Snapchat. In that case you are certainly not alone!
Unlike some other social networks, Snapchat has no option to temporarily deactivate your account. You will therefore have to completely delete your account immediately if you want to get rid of Snapchat. Fortunately, you have a 30-day reflection period in which you can still reactivate your account, after which your account will be permanently deleted. We explain in a few steps how you can permanently delete your Snapchat account.
How to delete my Snapchat account?
Deleting a Snapchat account is relatively simple. Unfortunately, this cannot be done via the Snapchat app and must be done via the official Snapchat website. Don’t worry, we’ll give you a handy link!
- First open your following link to go to the official Snapchat page for deleting accounts: “Delete Snapchat account” or click here.
- You must enter your username and password on this page. Sometimes you also need to verify that you are not a robot, just click the check box if this is the case.
- Then click on “Login” to register.
- Now you will be presented with a window asking Snapchat to enter your password again to confirm the deletion of your account. Do this and press “Continue”.
- Ready! Your account will now be deactivated. At this point, you will have another 30 days to change your mind. To reactivate your account, you can simply log in to Snapchat. If you do not reactivate your account, the account will be completely and permanently deleted after 30 days.
If for some reason you cannot open the above link, you can go to https://accounts.snapchat.com. Here you also just have to enter your username and password and register. After signing up you can click on “Delete my account” and you can follow step 4 of the above steps.
Delete the Snapchat app
To complete the removal of Snapchat, you may also want to remove the Snapchat app from your smartphone or tablet.
On an Apple device such as an iPad or iPhone, you can do this by holding down the app with your finger for two seconds. After two seconds the app will start to move and you can press the “X” button that appears. If your device supports 3D Touch, it is important to hold the app lightly for about one second until the “X” button appears. Light pressing is important here, otherwise a different menu will open.
With most Android devices, you can press and hold the app until an option pops up to remove it. This will usually take the form of an “X” button or a trash can. If this is not the case with your device, you can open the Play Store, press the three-dash icon, then My apps and games, then Installed. Now you can search Snapchat in this list, click Snapchat, Delete and then Ok.
I hope that you will be able to delete your Snapchat Account by following above guide. Still do you have any doubt, so you can ask us via comment box. If you found this post helpful, then please share it on social media.