Sometimes it is useful to just take a picture of something on your screen. Making a print screen is called that, either taking a screenshot or screenshot. So today we will tell you, how to take a screenshot on windows 10.
You can create a print screen in Windows using the Print Screen button on the keyboard.
However, when you press this key, very little happens at first. That’s right. Because after pressing the Print Screen button, a few other actions have to be taken.
Take a Screenshot on Windows 10
The Print Screen button can be used in any version of Windows to create a print screen. However, in Windows 10 there are also other useful methods available. We also look at this in this article.
Take a screenshot on Windows 10 with Print Screen
More first we look at the time-honored method of making a print screen using the Print Screen button. It goes as follows:
1. Press the Print Screen key on the keyboard.
2. Pressing this button creates a print screen of the entire screen, which is placed on the Windows Clipboard. For example, things placed on the Clipboard by Windows can be copied to another app.
3. We are going to do that. The default image editing app in Windows has traditionally been the Paint app. Create a print screen with the Print Screen key
4. Once you have started the Paint app and then press the Ctrl + V (Paste) key combination, the newly created print screen will become visible and you can start editing on the print screen, for example save it as a file on the computer.
5. To do this, press the key combination Ctrl + S (Save). Then double click on the folder in which you want to save the print screen (for example Pictures), give the print screen an appropriate name and click on the Save button.
This makes the print screen and saves it as an image on your PC.
Include a screenshot in an email or document
Saving a print screen as an image is not always necessary. You can paste something on the Clipboard in Windows into any app that can handle images.
For example, with the Ctrl + V key combination you can also paste a print screen in an email or in a document you are creating in Word or another word processor.
Pasting a print screen in an email only works if the email app you use composes your emails in HTML. This is usually the case by default. However, it is possible to set up your e-mail app yourself so that e-mails can only be composed and read as a text file. Then inserting a print screen is not possible.
Create a print screen from one window
There are reasons why it is not convenient to make a print screen of the entire screen. For example, when what we want to show in the screenshot is in the window we are working on. Then it is more convenient to only make a print screen of that window.
In Windows, you can create a print screen from one window in the following way:
1. Click with the mouse in the window of which you want to make a print screen.
2. Press the key combination Alt + PrintScreen.
3. This will create a print screen of the window and put it on the Clipboard. And you can save this print screen on the PC or paste it in an e-mail or document in exactly the same way as just described.
Other ways to Take a Screenshot on Windows 10
Sometimes making a print screen of the active window may still not properly reflect what you actually want to show on the print screen. At those times, the key combination Windows key + Shift + S might come in handy.
Select The part what you want to take a screenshot
Because with the help of the key combination Windows key + Shift + S you can select exactly which part of the screen you want to take a screenshot of.
To do this, press the key combination Windows key + Shift + S. There will now be some kind of blur about what is displayed on your screen. A cross is also displayed, indicating the point from which the selection can be made. Of course you can move this white cross by moving the mouse.
Making the actual selection starts the moment you hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse in the desired direction to create the rectangular selection frame. A print screen is made of the selection made as soon as you release the left mouse button.
The created print screen will again be placed on the Clipboard in Windows. Which also means that you can save the print screen as an image or include it in an email or document.
Sceenshot with Snipping Tool desktop app
You can take a screenshot on a pc by using Snipping Tool. Windows 10 also includes a desktop app for taking screenshots. This desktop app is called Snipping Tool.
Using the Snipping Tool desktop app gives you more influence on how to create the print screen and how and where you can saves reprints.
You can make a print screen in short with the Snipping Program as follows:
1. Open Start menu.
2. Navigate to the Accessories section and click on the Snipping Tool desktop app.
3. Snipping tool will now open and be displayed on your screen.
4. Using the Mode button you can indicate what kind of print screen you want to make.
5. You can then start creating a print screen by pressing the New button.
Save a print screen immediately
In Windows 10 you also have the option to automatically save print screens as soon as the print screen has been made. Windows stores these print screens in a separate folder that is located in the Pictures folder and is called Screenshots.
A print screen is automatically saved to the Screenshots folder immediately if you use the Windows + Print Screen key combination instead of just the Print Screen button.
Take a Screenshot/Print Screen with a separate app
As you may have read, printscreen and screenshot mean the same thing.
This is useful to know when you are looking for an app to make print screens. Something that is certainly advisable when you regularly make a print screen. We recommend the small smart app FastStone Capture.
Making a print screen with this app is very easy because in this app you also work with the Print Screen button and only a few key combinations with Print Screen.
However, after pressing Print Screen, the editor of the app opens automatically. This allows you to immediately start editing the print screen and also save the print screen immediately.
In addition, FastStone Capture has the option to take a screen capture, or a video about what is happening on the screen.
If you only sometimes make a print screen, you are usually satisfied with the possibilities that Windows offers as standard for making a print screen. However, if you often have to make a print screen, you will see that creating it is a lot faster with an app specially developed for this purpose.
We hope above article will be helpful for you. You will be able to take a screenshot on a PC or laptop. If you found this article useful, then please share it with your friends and on social media.